Saturday 15 November 2008

The first . . . of many posts.

Hey,

My name is Joseph and you can call me Joe after refreshing the page over and over so you are familiar with my blog and we are good friends (really good friends if my visitor numbers increase!) I started this blog for the reasons that many others do; debate and discussion. The two cornerstones of our democracy, our freedom to express our every thought and the reason that you and me can be elected to the highest office in the United Kindom. I want this blog to be a place of ideas for the future and what we can put right from the past.

Our country is now at a turning point, for the last ten years Labour has held a tight grip on our politics and for the first time in a long time people are excited to be Conservatives again. In this blog I am not going down the route that others have; one of denial, a denial that Labour has not achieved impressive things in it's tenure, because it has. You may ask; then why be a Conservative? It is to this question I have a simple answer; we can do better.

This is a lesson that history teaches us, I believe that we can run a better government without an overwhelming bureaucracy, I believe that we will bring a better NHS for the people that puts doctors in charge and we can save our planet with more innovation and emphasis on renewable sources.

Thanks for reading, tell me I am right (or wrong) and come back for more.

Joe

No comments: